Offering you The BEST Produce from Our Fields and our Local Farmer Friends!
BUY FRESH.....EAT FRESH!
Will be OPEN New Years Day
Get your fresh Blackeye Peas and Greens for your News Years Feast!
A Southern tradition for a year of luck and prosperity Served with greens the peas represent coins and the greens represent paper money.
Cornbread, often served with black-eyed peas and greens, represents gold.
For the best chance of luck every day in the year ahead:
Whether you choose to follow the Southern New Year's tradition or not, black-eyed peas are a good source of nutrition. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, black-eyed peas are low in fat, contain no cholesterol, and are low in sodium. They are high in potassium, iron, and fiber and a one-half cup serving of cooked black-eyed peas counts as one ounce of lean meat from the Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dry Beans, Eggs and Nuts Group of the Food Guide Pyramid.
Harvesting NOW....SWISS CHARD!
Red & Green 3.00 a bundle.
SWISS CHARD BEAN SOUP
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes, undrained
- fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven , saute the carrot, zucchini, yellow squash and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the broth, Swiss chard, beans, tomatoes, thyme, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chard is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
And of coarse all of the fresh ingredients are available in our Market daily.
Available January 2012
Like all good things, the Honeybell season comes to an end---and quickly. Available in January only, so order early.
Stop by our farm 7 days a week to order your Citrus Gift today. Ships anywhere USA or Canada
Other Great Deals!
Acorn & Butternut Squash .99lb
Green Tomatoes 1.99lb
Roma Tomatoes 1.49lb
Spanish Onions .99lb
Garlic 2 for 1.00
Honey crisp Apples .99lb
Fuji Apples .99lb
Pink Lady Apples .99lb
Rome Apples .99lb
DeAnjo Pears 1.99lb
Kiwi 2 for 1.00
Holiday Seedless Grapes 2.99lb
Large Pineapples 4.00ea
Extra Large Hachiya Persimmons
Limes pr FL Myer Lemons
3 for 1.00
Iceburg Lettuce 1.99ea
Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potatoes
Idaho Bakers .99lb
Pie Pumpkins 2.50ea
*Prices effective December 19th Subject to change market and availability.