We had a blast at the Winter Paws Pet Show in Blowing Rock. Samson and I made a lot of new friends including this purple poodle!
Congratulations to Maddie
( far left below) for placing in the top 3 of Best in Show. Maddie did great in class this year and she was also also the Best Dancer Pawsitive Progress award winner. Check out those leg warmers! Way to Go!
Paws for a Cause
Avery County Humane Society
The new Avery County Humane Society shelter will be opening very soon and they need volunteers!
The new shelter will be located behind Ingles in Newland.
The new shelter features
- bright, open design with welcoming and hospitable atmosphere
- more opportunities to volunteer
- more chances to participate in educational programs
- more ways for the community to get involved with the welfare of animals
- 21,128 square feet of space for people and animals
They have lots of great stuff at their Paws and Claws resale store.
- almost half of that space is dedicated directly to animal care
- play areas for the animals
- adoption rooms where families can meet and get to know a pet before they commit to bringing the animal into their household
Avery Humane Society also does low cost spay and neuter programs as well as shot clinics.
To learn more about the new shelter and volunteer opportunities please visit http://www.averyhumane.org
Valentine's Day is the day when we cherish our loved ones and shower them with affection. We each choose a valentine and make every effort to show that special someone just how much we truly appreciate him or her. But who says "that someone" has to be human? For everyone who's "in love" with a furry, four-legged canine, let's take a moment to reflect on why we're so crazy about our dogs.
1. My dog joyously greets me every time I come home.
2. My dog is always in the mood to cuddle.
3. My dog never leaves the toilet seat up.
4. My dog enjoys long walks on the beach.
5. My dog never complains about my cooking.
6. My dog helps me clean up spills in the kitchen.
7. My dog keeps me warm at night and never steals the covers.
8. My dog shares my belief that there's never a wrong time for a nap.
9. My dog doesn't fight with me about what show we should watch on TV.
10. My dog loves me unconditionally.
For more information about all of the services we offer, please visit
Thanks to each and every one of you. We couldn't love what we do more!
The Team at Woof Pack